Monday, August 4, 2014

Joan Burke Named Director of Membership





GSSI is pleased to announce that Joan Burke is the new Director of Membership. Joan has an extensive Girl Scout background -she joined as a Brownie (the first level available at the time) and was a member all the way through. After college, she became a Girl Scout staff member and worked at three different councils over 12 years. After taking a break to have a family, she returned to GSSI two years ago as a Membership Development Manager.
“I am excited to become Director of Membership. I have been in Girl Scouting practically all my life,” Burke said. “Girl Scouting is a great place for girls to try new things, learn life skills and just have fun! I am looking forward to sharing my positive energy in a new role with GSSI!”